|In this class you will learn basic wood carving techniques and have the opportunity to hands-on practice with these techniques.|
Class topics will include:
- Description of tools: chisels, gouges, & "V" tools
- Hold down strategies: workbench, vises, holdfasts, etc.
- Sharpening: Grinders, stones, strops
- Finding materials: cost, sources
- Wood prep: Dimensioning, seasoning
- Layout: patterns, designs, subtractive sculpture methods
- Waste removal: hogging off, tools used, splitting out
- Carving: mallet work, hand carving techniques, reading grain
This class is now being offered on a 1-on-1 basis. Please call The Sawdust Shop at 408-992-1004 to schedule a class.