|Want to make your woodworking easier and more precise? This Jigs and Fixtures Class may be just the ticket. Learn to make and use precision woodworking aids. Then take them home to help in your own shop. |
In this class you'll make:
In addition, you’ll learn how to use dial indicators for precise measurements, and you’ll pick up a host of useful shop tips along the way.
- Step-and-repeat jigs to position work for repetitive operations;
- Fingerboards to guide work through tools while keeping fingers safe;
- T-track and stops to use with your own tools;
- Adjustment devices to move tool fences in thousandths of an inch;
- Wedge and boomerang clamps to hold work securely;
- Dial indicator holders to aid in precise tool set up;
- Clamping boards to hold panels for unobstructed surface access.
You'll enjoy this fast-paced, one-day class, taught in Phil Roybal's friendly style. You'll take home tools to use right away, and learn ways to create shop aids for your own special needs.
Students should be comfortable (not expert) with routers, saws, and drill presses. If you've taken a class or used these tools on your own, you're set. Come join us, and add new capabilities to your craft.